JOIN OUR INNOVATIVE TEAM.
Team up with a company that values honesty, integrity and cherishes employees.
Meet Our Company
To manufacture innovative quality products that satisfy consumer demands and drive our customer’s sales.
To continually adapt our company’s services to changing consumer behavior and the evolving needs of Pets.
Act with honesty, integrity, cherish employees, customers and suppliers. Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and continually improve.
Manufacturing Quality Pet Products for 45 Years
Pestell Pet Products has been manufacturing quality pet products for consumers and pets for 45 years. As one of the first producers of clumping cat litter and small animal bedding in the market, Pestell Pet Products has maintained their leadership position in the pet industry for very long period of time.
Over our history, we have developed a strong reputation for producing quality consumer products for a fair price. We consistently treat suppliers and customers with respect and fairness, we maintain the highest service levels in the industry.
Our company is continually searching for innovative and unique products to better serve our customers, consumers and pets.
Location: New Hamburg, ON, Canada
Reporting to Corporate Controller with a dotted line to President of Pestell PET Products & BVP Environmental
The Controller will act as a strategic business partner to the Pestell PET & BPV President and other members of the Leadership team. In this role, the Controller will provide effective management of financial data to support the business strategy by overseeing and ensuring the timely delivery of reporting requirements.
This position will oversee monthly/quarterly/annual financials, debt covenant compliance, general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable & receivables, and other required disclosures.
Own and manage all aspects of accounting for Pestell Pet/BPV Operating Unit including:
- Monitoring internal controls, and GAAP compliance.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process
- Ensure the timely preparation of accurate financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and support for required reporting.
Provide Cost Accounting leadership at New Hamburg Plant and BPV’s Grand Rapids Plant as follows:
- Developing cost standards for materials and labor
- Analyzing manufacturing operations, equipment availability and utilization
- Performing month-end cost accounting close
- Analyzing production costs and recommending changes, overseeing annual physical inventory
Partner with the Business:
Partner with Pestell Pet Leadership by providing sound financial and strategic advice to assist in the effective management of the business. Partner with functions including:
- Supply Chain and Sales as needed for these groups to be effective in their day to day responsibilities
- Interface with Corporate Controller and IT to ensure effective integration of data and reporting
- Work with the Corporate Controller with the year end audit process
- Recruit, train, and develop a high performing accounting team to ensure current and future leadership of the accounting function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with an active CPA license
- 10+ years’ Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the Consumer Packaging industry
- Must have strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to make solid, objective, and ethical decisions
- Able to maintain strict confidence in financial sensitive information and demonstrate a high level of integrity
- Ability to build professional relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent communication and written skills
- State of the art office facility
- Some Travel to Michigan, USA
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefit package
- Opportunity to work in a challenging role in a fast paced dynamic and team environment with an industry leader
Production Packaging Operator – Day, Afternoon, Night, Weekend Shifts
Location: New Hamburg, ON, Canada
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Production Packaging Operator is responsible for meeting product quality and daily output requirements by participating effectively on packaging lines and keeping up with conveyor line speeds.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meeting line speeds on a semi-automated conveyorized product line
- Meeting output requirements by hanging bags, sealing bags, filling jugs, bags, pails, and or boxes
- Following health and safety protocols and addressing concerns as required without delay
- Performing housekeeping including sweeping, tidying, repalletizing, storing
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment with exposure to noise, temperature changes, dust, odors, and repetitive work
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS and walk or stand for the full shift
- Good communication skills
- High school diploma
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages, benefits, incentives
- Job training and certification as required
- Career growth opportunities
- Uniform Program